Home > Bar Industry News, Bar News, Bar Tips, Bartending, CO2tini, Drinks, Liquid Nitrogen, Safety > Warning About Liquid Nitrogen in Cocktails

Warning About Liquid Nitrogen in Cocktails

A official warning about liquid nitrogen in cocktails was issued Monday by the Food Standards Agency of the United Kingdom.

Her Majesty’s government went public with the warning after virtually every news outlet in the UK had made much of the same sad story.

A young woman out celebrating her 18th birthday at Oscar’s wine bar in Lancaster city center did not know that you nurse a cocktail, especially one still smoking from being prepared with liquid nitrogen. Instead, she apparently drank it too quickly.

It was not long before Gaby Scanlon from Heysham, Lancashire was feeling breathless, her stomach hurting.

By 11 p.m. last Thursday, doctors at the Lancaster Royal Infirmary had found her stomach was perforated, and they immediately operated to remove most of it.

Without the emergency surgery, the young woman would have most certainly died.

Continue reading at: Food Safety News

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: